The ‘BGET’ Esbit Tray Stove is Now in Production

BGET Stove Production Version

Every since I first posted about my frustration with Esbit fuel tablets (more than four years ago now) and my eventual solution of developing a more efficient Esbit tray stove, I have received a steady stream of emails from readers asking if I could make them a stove and sell it to them.

Despite giving away the instructions, a step-by-step guide, and a template, some people simply didn’t want to fiddle with making the stove themselves. That’s fine, I totally get it. For a while I tried making my Esbit tray stoves for those that asked and sold them for a few bucks just to cover shipping, but I didn’t have enough materials or the time to do it on a frequent or scalable basis.

Successful DIY Builds

Others have been making my stoves themselves and sharing their results via the Backpacking Light forums. John Abela of HikeLighter.com posted a wonderful, detailed review and analysis of my Esbit tray stove via his blog. John was the one who first coined the term “BGET” or Brian Green Esbit Tray stove. The name has stuck ever since.

BGET Stove Goes Into Production

BGET Stove Production Version

I was recently contacted by Dan Yeruski of Zelph Stoves to ask if he could make and sell my BGET stove under license on his site. I worked with Dan to provide some additional instructions and feedback on what the stove package should contain.

BGET Stove Production Version

One change that was made was to switch from the titanium foil that I had originally used and instead to use 309 stainless steel foil. I had discovered myself that that thin titanium foil can easily work harden and snap during the folds that were needed to make the stove. I had many unsuccessful attempts early on. Switching to stainless steel avoided this problem without impacting the weight or efficiency of the stove. The 309 stainless steel Dan has chosen can withstand temperatures up to 2,100 degrees and an Esbit fuel tablet only produces 1,400 degrees.

BGET Stove Production Version

Where to Purchase BGET Stove

The production version of the BGET stove is now available for purchase exclusively via Zelph Stoves. The production version includes a ready-made 309 stainless steel BGET stove and comes bundled with a radiant heat reflector, three sealed Esbit fuel tablets, and an ultralight stove storage container to protect the stove when being transported – all for $9.95.

BGET Stove Production Version

Specifications

  • BGET Stove – 309 Stainless Steel – 1.0 grams
  • Heat reflector for maximum burn efficiency – 0.5 grams
  • Ultralight storage container – 2.9 grams

BGET Stove Template Still Available

Everyone is still more than welcome to download the PDF template and instructions to make the BGET stove for themselves, but for those of you that can’t or don’t want to make one there is now an easy and affordable option.

The post The ‘BGET’ Esbit Tray Stove is Now in Production appeared first on Brian's Backpacking Blog.



from Brian's Backpacking Blog http://ift.tt/1J2i70G via Northern Camping

Comments

  1. When I read your post I understood the correct use of different types of fasteners. If anyone is looking for high-quality 316 stainless steel strip, you can visit this official site of the wholesaler of fasteners.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Authentic platform to find the leading nut bolt industry here. Deal with Vision Alloys for Quality Duplex 2205 Fasteners | UNS S32760 Stud Bolt | SMO 254 Stainless Steel Fasteners etc. at true cost.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great information on your blog. I also have some useful information about the UNS S31600 Fasteners, I think this information will be very useful. Visit Sumit Impex.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello to all, the contents present at this web page are really amazing for people knowledge, you can also pay a visit Stainless steel 316 round bars for more information and knowledge. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I appreciate how you addressed both sides of the argument in this blog post. It shows that you've considered multiple perspectives before forming your own opinion.
    UNS N08904 SS EFW Pipe

    ReplyDelete
  6. I found your blog post to be well-structured and organized. It made it easy to follow along and grasp the main ideas.
    Copper Bonded Earth Rod

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you for shedding light on this lesser-known aspect of the topic. Your blog post broadened my understanding and encouraged me to explore further.
    Hastelloy C276 Bolt

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with your point of view It's refreshing to see someone challenging the conventional wisdom on this topic.
    Duplex S32205 Sheets

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you broke down a complex topic into manageable chunks It made it much easier for me to grasp the concepts.
    DIN 1.4845 Coil

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Everest Movie Prize Pack Giveaway

Merrick Backcountry Raw Infused Dog Food